the Computer Works, Inc.
303B E. Main Street
Hoopeston, Illinois 60942
Owner/Operator: Teresa Sollars (email Teresa)
Hours: Mon-Fri 10:00am - 5:00pm; Sat 10:00am - 2:00pm
Having a Virus/Malware problem can be more than just annoying. Once a virus/malware exploit is on your machine, the creator of this program can often access anything they want on your system. That means they can destroy or steal data from your computer. We'll also provide antivirus and antispyware software to help you keep them at bay. When possible we'll even give you information on the exact virus or spyware that infected your system so that you know what you were up against.
This is not an exhaustive list, but instead lists a few of the frequent symptoms that appear when a computer has a virus/malware installed on it.
- System is getting slower as you are browsing the internet, or you can't access the internet at all.
- Your home page keeps changing to an unintended destination
- Advertising is constantly popping up when you're online. (And sometimes when you're not.)
- New unexpected programs or toolbars on your browser appear
- Your friends mention receiving weird emails from you that you know you never sent.